Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tennis Timing

Here's a tribute to my favorite sport to play:

I hear that timing is everything
It stands still sometimes too
You can have perfect timing
Or it matters not when you do what you do

If I train myself to time my forehand
The ball bounces before I step to stride
And as it rises the way I planned
My racquet sends it for a ride

A shuffle back to the baseline buys me time
Seconds only, I scramble to the middle
As she pounds the object down the line
I imagine a shot designed to fiddle

The return is deceptive, pinching the alley
Good timing on my part, I force her to net
She has a hard time continuing our rally
My point this time, love-one in the first set




Parting points: Yes, the Mets bullpen blew it again. They cannot close games. It reminds me of the Electric Slide. Everyone on the dance floor knows it’s coming and someone has to lead the way, but nobody actually knows HOW to do it. The Mets are slowly sliding.

No comments: