Saturday, July 10, 2010

Hollow Heart

For Dayle (10/14/52-7/9/10)

The crackle of October leaves
The faith of someone who believes
Remind me of her courage and fears
As we filled her car with mournful tears
The blackness of the shaded chairs
White reminders of the one who cares
Her openness empowered change
All the lives she touched to rearrange
Her tidy desk and heart-to-hearts
The way she knew all my broken parts
The place she gave me to call my own
A tennis club, my family from home
Flying under her wing to rise again
Unsure of myself and not knowing when
God gives us all someone we can trust
Even when losing them He knows we must
I’ll miss her laugh most of all
Because it lifted me through my deepest fall

Parting Points: Song of the day- "One Sweet Day" by Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men

No comments: