Monday, May 10, 2010

Bothered by a Bit

I figure it’s Monday, so I am entitled to vent a little bit. These are just a few things that are bothering me today (in alphabetical order)
A) A.J. Burnett. The guy can wow you with brilliant pitching one day and the next be a total screwball on the mound
B) Buckeye Bobby Carpenter. The Cowboys traded away the former OSU linebacker for a player in St. Louis’ Alex Barron with just as much talent. Granted Carpenter didn’t do much with Dallas, but he was a Buckeye for pete’s sake!
C) Cavaliers and Celtics. I really don’t know which team I dislike more.
D) Dallas Braden. Why was it so hard to believe Braden capable of pitching a perfect game? Let’s give the guy some credit. Heck of a job, especially against a potent Tampa Bay offense.
E) English Premier League. Chelsea held off Manchester United for the crown. Woopie!
F) Fearless. I cannot get that Taylor Swift song out of my head.
G) Giants. Way to go Oliver Perez for walking seven San Francisco batters in three innings.
H) Hair. Tim Lincecum—please cut it. There is no reason a pitcher needs hair that length. You are not a surfer. Take a cue from Randy Johnson and visit a barber shop.
I) Interviews. Why can’t players speak clear English during interviews?
J) Jazz. They can’t get anyone to step up against the Lakers and make a series out of this. Can somebody please contain Kobe?
K) Kobe Bryant. See above.
L) LeBron James. He just irks me.
M) Manny Pacquiao. Why won’t he take a blood and urine test again? Superstition? Please.
N) Nuts. Who came up with the idea to run chocolate chip cookies by baking them with nuts?
O) Orioles. Baltimore is a sad, sad franchise. It’s such a shame because I love Camden Yards.
P) Playoff hockey. I am disappointed with the playoffs so far. Maybe I am just bitter about the Kings and Devils being knocked out.
Q) Qualms. I hate having them in my life.
R) Red Sox. Enough said.
S) Spurs. I was expecting more after their impressive first round manhandling of the Mavs.
T) Tiger Woods. Please sir, just go away.
U) USC. Former Trojan, Brian Cushing violated the NFL steroid policy. Another knock for the prestigious So Cal football program.
V) Virginia lacrosse. Truly bothersome.
W) Wind. A tennis player’s worst enemy.
X) X as in strikes—something the Yankees have been swinging and missing a lot of lately.
Y) Why does it have to be Monday?
Z) Zach Grienke. Where is the run support?
OK I feel a little better. Tomorrow is Tuesday.

No comments: