Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pinstripe Pride

Here is a poem I wrote about the Yankees based on an e.e. cummings poem:
I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)
I am never without that dynasty (it started the ’96 year)
Whatever may come, you have made me a part
It’s your doing best, my beloved, which I hold dear
I accept no less (for you always come through)
I want nothing more (for you are my world, my true)
And it’s you are whatever Yankee has always meant
And whatever a baseball team should represent
Here is the deepest hope nobody knows
(Here is the reason of reasons I root and rhyme)
On the diamond where grass forever grows
My soul connects (a mind witness to the climb)

Parting points: Song of the day- “Swear It Again”- Westlife
Happy Birthday to e.e. cummings, John Wooden and Joe Girardi (one of my all-time favorite Yankees)
“If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?”-John Wooden

No comments: