Monday, October 26, 2009

Over October

Amen to Yankee baseball.

I never knew a game could construe the feelings I associate with you
They announce your name and I whisper the precious same
The sweetest word echoed in the ears a human heard
Our team plays to win much to the others’ chagrin
Untested hills they climb like our bond getting stronger with time
No surfaces too rough, these players are tough enough
Their style is just like us, only with a more publicized fuss
When a questionable call disrupts intriguing ball to a stall
I remember why your critical bashing drives my passion
How well you know the October world show
If only my longing thought was knowledge you sought
Three strikes and you’re out is never in doubt
Neither is your fair judgment and stanch resentment
When you hold a grudge it’s something I love
An intentional walk during life’s unpredictable strife
Your forgiveness is kind, not a more sincere I can find
Genuinely so, together we go, this friendship continues to grow
We’re over October ball, but I’m not done with my fall
Head over feet for you is worth every park and pew

(inspired by Dylan Thomas)
Parting Points: Song of the day- "In This Life" by Collin Raye

No comments: