Sunday, April 26, 2009

Aesthetic April Afternoon

Yellow buttons in a sea of green fabric and vanilla taffy in metallic blue skies
Set the backdrop for an April afternoon where a ripened peach pierces light in my eyes
Heat heals hearts on the hem like lovers’ eyes settle the soul in summer storms
My bike briskly descends the dirt-ridden drag like briny ocean air to a nose transforms

An impending rain shower shows swaying sheaves and sycamores along the track
A gray-squirrel sneaks a nut nearby and in crossing I catch the calm crinkle and crack
My wheels mince and grind a pinecone plucking the petals as my pedals push forward
A lone lightning bolt flickers as fierce a warning to the west as a sharpened knight’s sword

A rider’s reward revealed in spotless tar traces a trail for renewed rotation
In cycling I can concentrate in creativity and play the part of poet on location
Saturdays in the park spark sounds of see-saws and unversed children’s laughter
I feel out of place and spin around before the clouds sprinkle and dandelions dampen hereafter

Erie Street is my easel with empty engravings of ensuing entertainment
Ballgame remainings rest rightly by a backstop of a fence that’s bent
A Sunday morning blackbird straddles a smooth stone in the shadows of street lights
Striding now I notice Earth’s carpet clear as a beach canvas without kites


Parting points: “Life is bigger, bigger than you, and you are not me”- R.E.M.
“Long road to ruin, there in your eyes, under the cold street lights” - Foo Fighters
Two songs for the day- “The Hardest Thing” by 98 degrees and “Girl” by Beck

No comments: