Monday, February 9, 2009

Nifty Nine

I’m mixing it up a little this MLB season. Instead of playing fantasy baseball online, I am going to follow the seasonal statistics of several players loosely chosen by me. The criteria for selection was quite simply. I chose one player from each of the nine positions. They all have one thing in common. Their first and last names begin with the same letter. Thus, I present my All Alliteration Team for 2009:

1B: Billy Butler (Kansas City Royals)
2B: Placido Polanco (Detroit Tigers)
3B: Edwin Encarnacion (Cincinnati Reds)
SS: Troy Tulowitzki (Colorado Rockies)
RF: Gabe Gross (Tampa Bay Rays)
CF: Alfredo Amezaga (Florida Marlins)
LF: Skip Schumacher (St. Louis Cardinals)
C: Taylor Teagarden (Texas Rangers)
P: Boof Bonser (Minnesota Twins)

I will be checking in with my team throughout the year, so stay tuned for some updates.

Parting points: Arod comes clean, the reeling Rangers play the Devils tonight and football season is finally over. Bring on March madness.

No comments: