Sunday, December 13, 2009

Softball Sonnet

The bottom of my cleats contained clumps of grain
My pitch count increased with each arm swing
The overused elbow sore from the repetitive fling
Socks drenched with sweat lodged with toes in strain
Striding back with my right, I thrust my weight forward
I modify my position to a defensive stance
Reaction and reflexes thou opponent shall enhance
When the ball takes a hop as sharp as a sword
In my mitt I secure the slippery sphere as they rattle
Shouting fans wobble bleachers in my seasick view
On grass, one spinning pivot redeems my clearness
Her quick step challenges my rapid fire to battle
The breathless gazes from the crowd settle in queue
As rain pours on the field, so ends the mess

Parting points: Word to live by----Act always in a way to do good.
Song of the day- “Lost and Found” by Leona Lewis and One Republic

No comments: