Friday, December 4, 2009

Set Still My Soul/Expressing Emotion

Two more poems:

Set Still My Soul

The irrefutable way you toss me the ball
And how your face sparkles like flint
The parsimonious precision of your placement
Is it any wonder that for you I’d fall?

A shared water bottle and shake of the hand
The trivial but well-timed feet touch
And elegant accidental arm brush
Are they the only contacts outside swinging with command?

If you open your heart like you open your stance
You might be happy to find true trust
It’s more than any form of infatuation or lust
Can’t you see that if you’d give me half a chance?

Your anticipation guides you to net
As my short volley falls into your lap
Is it too much to ask those strong arms to wrap
My soul and my spirit along with this set?


Expressing Emotion
I can feel you walking and dancing in my mind
Part of me wants you nearer to my heart
But you’re keeping me at a distance
I don’t want you knocking until you’re sure
So you can circle and spin until you settle
The reason I’m patient is because I know
I’m ready to take you for all you are
I’ve waited so long for you to become
All I tell myself I dream you will be
It’s not enough for me to ask
The more I allow you to express
The better the bitterness will taste tomorrow

No comments: