Sunday, November 1, 2009

Time Tested

If I could turn back the clock for you,
I’d gladly suspend time to the day you were new.
It all seemed impossible until I tried,
Looking into your face I would not be denied.
If I could return to the moment we met,
I wouldn’t change a thing because I haven’t any regret.
You were steady and sure with my shaky hand,
Your frame told me you were capable of command.
If I could go to our spot once again,
We’d sure pull off another incredible gem.
It was that initial advance we took without fear,
That fostered these feelings I hold so dear.
If I could capture the very second we touched,
I’d remember how with pure contact we both blushed.
You with your colorful communicative crush,
Me with anticipation and an adrenaline rush.
If I could rewind time, this promise I’d renew,
The pledge to never, ever turn my back on you.
You gave the intimation this is where we belong,
The silver lining I’d wanted for too long.
If I could turn back the clock for you,
I’d take care not to ruin something unbelievably true.
It all comes back to me when I reflect,
How only being in love can ever have the same effect.

No comments: