Tuesday, June 16, 2009

First Foot Forward

A tennis ball has a lot of inertia until disrupted by my swing
The trick is in the trajectory a precision of the ping
Current speed and direction continue until I change the course
Inaction converted to commotion by movement meant to force

The sluggish spiral soon spins swiftly by my sheer strength
Vertical bounces are manifest motions meandering the court’s length
The affect of applied action accentuates advancement and aim
Aspirations of winning are only the beginning when things aren’t the same

Tennis stirs emotions and steers devotions
Instincts and impulses impress new notions
One forward shuffle and an object to ruffle
After velocity vanquishes I snuffle

The hardest step is sometimes the first one
Even when you often think you’re done
Today my comeback is complete
Initiated by the physics of my feet

Parting points: Song of the day- “Black Heart Inertia” by Incubus

No comments: