Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Stubborn Stoic Spikes

From novice notions to practiced planning
I support and prove to be withstanding
Outside opaque, obscure and sharp
Inside my threads are elastic harps
My strings can be tied too loose or tight
Either way, I will be laced for the fight
You pound and pressure my outer core
You must not feel it, but I am sore
You dust dirt drastically down after wear
My underside understands an uncompromising repair
Traction and balance keep you on your toes
With my leather exterior and spiked substructure, anything goes
When it’s finally time to “hang me up” for something new
Let me go on being a stubborn baseball shoe

Parting points: Still on the Incubus kick and listening to “Love Hurts”.
Whatever happened to the Wallflowers? “One Headlight” is such an underrated song.

No comments: