Thursday, November 13, 2008

Nifty Nick’s New Nest

I am a very happy Yankee fan today. The Yankees announced a trade for White Sox outfielder/first baseman Nick Swisher. The former Ohio State slugger was born in Columbus, OH and raised in Parkersburg, WV. What more could you ask for in an ultimate upbringing. Swisher was made famous when Michael Lewis scribed the well-known book, Moneyball. When Swisher starred in Oakland, I was really into him. But when he went to Chicago, I didn’t pay much attention to him. That will all change now because I have a new favorite player in pinstripes. The only downside now it seems is the Yankees won’t go after Mark Teixeria.


Parting points: Speaking of Nicks: I am a bit late on this but I wanted to extend a Happy Birthday to one of my other favorite Nicks. Nick Lachey of 98 degrees celebrated a birthday on November 9th.

No comments: