Monday, April 19, 2010

Foreshadowing Forehand

I sat in my car with a skinned right knee
Reflecting on this place laced in history
The upright post held droplets of rain
Around a net drizzled with pain
The lucid lines molded many a decree

My gallantry between the lanes
Left impressionably triumphant stains
Anecdotes in the alleys where my feet once slid
The rubbed off paint didn’t forget the stories they hid
Never neglected the amount of energy into the gains

I snapped a string, someone split a frame
Another broke a bone, it’s all the same
My racquet sliced the ball like a knife
Cutting through bread to provide precious life
Surviving on the surface others before me came

How could I weather the storm
But these bouncy plains couldn’t remain in form
The authorities would soon remove the decay
Disregarding how they shaped the way I play
Refurbishing a contemporary court, welcoming and warm

Pedestrians temporarily banned
A foreshadowing forehand
Taking away my permanent land

No comments: