Friday, March 26, 2010

Frost Feel

Happy Birthday, Robert Frost. I'm changing it up a bit today. There will be no mention of sports in today's entry. Instead, I'm posting a little lyrical original in honor of the inspirational poet's birthday.

Love Rush
This love has caused my eyes to strain
For joy is always mixed with pain
The crying pleasure leaves his stain
Upon my heart where his hand has lain
A dapple gray hides the silver sky
With his forlorn farewell goodbye
Until the dusk above shall die
My achiness shall seize to pry
He arrives with the attractive sun
A specimen of air solidly spun
His voice is a song quietly sung
Inside me implementing inspiring fun
Time takes away and gives again
Leaving no indication of why or when
My spirit hangs in wait hidden like a wren
For his rectifying rush resembles a deep glen

No comments: