Sunday, August 16, 2009

I don’t ride because of the money or fame
I don’t ride to hear them shout my name
I don’t ride because it’s the cool thing to do
I don’t ride to catch up with you
I don’t ride because my bike looks cool
I don’t ride to show how much I rule
I ride because when I’m on my seat top
I get the feeling I never want to stop
My bike is like a canvas to an artist
Putting it away for the day is the hardest
My bike is a clarinet player’s reed
I use and re-use it as something I need
My bike is a teacher without a lesson plan
It’s prepared to educate even pupils so wan
The ocean waves flow tranquilly to the shore
Like a cycle moving fluidly across nature’s floor
I don’t ride because all my friends tell me to
I don’t ride to reveal my helmet is new
I ride because it’s the only way I know how
To tell myself it will all be better somehow

No comments: